Fitness Writers: Get Your Zen on Working From Home as a Yoga Blogger
Talk about a flexible writing gig.
Cody, Inc. is searching for a remote contract writer for its yoga blog. It’s a one-year contractual position that’s remote, but you’ll have regular contact with their Seattle-based marketing team, including a check-in every three months.
In this write-from-om position, you’ll be expected to contribute two plans (aka workouts) per month as well as 12 blog posts, all written in the voice of the company. A yoga or fitness accreditation and WordPress experience are preferable for this position.
I’ve reached out to the company about pay and will update the post when I hear back.
To apply, send Cody your resume, cover letter and one to three samples of your writing. If they think you could be a good fit, Cody will ask you to write two short assignments: one creative writing and one technical writing to check out your research skills and ability to follow a style guide.
If this job isn’t the best fit for you, don’t forget to check out our Jobs page on Facebook. We post new opportunities there all the time.
Freelance Health & Fitness Writer at Cody, Inc.
- Each month, you’ll write one to two plan descriptions (aka workouts) and 12 blog posts utilizing Cody’s company voice. There are weekly deadlines for your contributions.
- You’ll work with on-site Cody editors and make revisions based on their feedback. When complete, you’ll prepare the content for publishing to WordPress.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Excellent research skills. You should be able to find reliable, expert sources that are appropriate for a professional fitness site.
- Although you’re working remotely, you’ll be expected to be in regular contact with Cody’s team in Seattle, so good communication skill are key.
- You love fitness and keeping up with news in the industry. Being a certified yoga or fitness professional is helpful.
- You have the ability to be flexible with deadlines and changing priorities when it comes to projects.
- The position has the potential to be renewed after your one-year contract is up.
Apply here for the Freelance Health & Fitness Writer at Cody, Inc.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. Got a great job opportunity you’d like to share? Email her at [email protected]