Timely Updates Equal Big Success

College Student Making Money

Everyone likes to be “in the loop,” including your customers. This means that you need to take advantage of the multiple ways to provide accurate and timely updates when breaking news occurs or exciting events happen. For example, while promoting your products is important, your customers are likely to be more engaged with your product when you offer give-aways or free samples. However, if you do not provide the information about these happenings in a clear and timely manner, your offer will not receive the attention that you may have expected. There are several methods that can be used to spread the word, no matter what it may be.

Social Media
Social media is a popular way to communicate with customers, as well as potential customers. However, you have to learn how to use this medium properly. A good rule of thumb is to ensure that you keep your actual product promotions and sell posts down to only 20 percent of your total posts. The other 80 percent should consist of beneficial information to your readers. For example, focus on posts that provide information about the latest happenings in your industry, fun facts or links, give-aways and free products. By providing these types of posts you will develop a relationship with your readers, which will make them more willing to purchase the products that you are offering.

Direct Mail
Direct mail promotions have slightly slacked in recent years with the development of new and innovative technology, like an email newsletter. However, this can be a powerful way to reach customers who are truly interested in what you have to offer. The way to determine those who are really interested is to have sign up lists on your site. This will provide you with the contact information that you need to offer additional information, sales or discounts to those who want it. However, you should be certain that you do not spam those who sign up and only send quality information that will have substantial benefits to those who receive it.

Email Campaigns
This is by far the most popular way to reach customers. No matter if you send daily deals or an email newsletter, they can be equally effective. However, keep in mind that the content that is sent in your newsletter is beneficial. While you can relate some products you are trying to sell, the majority of the campaign should be beneficial information that your subscribers want to receive. If it is strictly promotional, chances are it will be deleted without even being read.

Any way you reach your customers will offer your business benefits that may lead to more sales, higher traffic or any other goal you may have. However, you should ensure you are consistent and provide the quality information that your readers want to receive. There are no quick solutions, however using one, or a combination of the methods listed above, such as an email newsletter, you can have substantial benefits. You are only as good as your latest post, email or mailing, so ensure that providing quality, beneficial information is a top priority.